Heal FBHI watchmaker
|Home||Links||watch repairs costs||sending||send form||info||repair enquiry||contact|
General servicing of watches
For Full service your watch we would:
1. Remove movement from case, remove dial and hands, strip the movement, inspect for damage and worn or corroded parts.
2. Clean the mechanical parts in an Ultrasonic machine. Replace parts as necessary.
3. Reassemble and lubricate the mechanical parts
4. Clean the case/bracelet in Ultrasonic tank and fit glass if required.
5. Air vacuumed case and refit movement , checking seals and water test in special apparatus if required.
6. Test for accuracy on timing machine and final bench test and inspection over 48 hours.
Water resistant testing may be extra if genuine seals and gaskets are required.
A watch is only water resistant if it has been
tested and seals checked.
Water resistance or 3ATM / 30m = accidental splashes not swimming or showering:
5Atm / 50m = swimming / showering but not diving
10ATM/100m & 15ATM/150m & 20ATM/ 200 = swimming, snorkelling, sports activities
Please note that although Chealwatch Ltd will make
very effort to make a watch case, dial and bracelet clean, polished and finished
as near to original as possible it is NOT possible to restore a watch to Factory
or AS NEW unless we replace most of the case, dial, movement and bracelet parts.
This may make the repair uneconomical and in many situations these parts may no
longer be available , especially for watch older that 10 years.